Ah, September is in the air and another birthday on it's way. I'll be 22-years-old this month and so many things are happening in my life.
Life as we know it is interesting. Genista and I have been together for over a year now and that is pretty sweet. I've never been with anyone so long. We'll certainly see where things take us.
Life at ACS is just plain, bleh. I've been at ACS for almost 16 months now and I feel almost like I'm getting nowhere. I feel like I do all I can but at the same time don't necessarily feel that it is giving back to me. Have opportunities presented themselves to me? Absolutely. Have I taken advantage of all of them? No...but at the same time I have tried to about 90% of the time. For someone such as myself who can hold such a high rank and since January receive 113 surveys, but only fail 4 of them...I'd call that a valuable asset.
At the same time, we have videography. Yes, I'm still putting a lot of resources into fulfilling my dream of being a full-time videographer, but it is an extremely slow process. I've tried to get a few gigs doing some voice-overs...but to no avail. My YouTube channel is still coming along, however, with lots of new ideas coming in everyday, I may be looking to start a new channel very soon.
And now my family. My dad comes home from Iraq this month...and this time he's not going back. It's a very exciting time because he is going to be re-stationed to Philadelphia. From my understanding it's not exactly a base per say...Jennifer said there was no PX...no Commissary...that sort of thing. We'll also, with any luck, see my dad don those birds on his collar, making him be rid of his oak leaves and become a full Colonel...that would be great. Ironic how I can always remember Carlisle when he was a Captain and we had a Colonel living next door. Dad always said he could become a Colonel in 15 years...Well it's 16 years later and his final assignment just might be back in PA...the irony is sweet.
But with everything going on and how happy I am for him, that leaves just one big thing...what happens next summer? Dad will be re-stationed in January. The girls will finish school but once it's over, they're gone. My closest family will live over 3,000 miles away. I will have no one here in Washington except for Genista and a few friends. My 22nd year on Earth will be an interesting one...but all I can do is hope for the best, and let my life lead me in the right direction.
"Anybody can do this, all you have to do is believe." - Cory "Mr. Safety" Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment